Ballet Muses 2021 - 9.10. - 11.10.2021
Natascha Mair: our new Principal dancer | English National Ballet (2020)
In 2012 she graduated from high school and passed her ballet diploma exam with seventeen and has been engaged from the 2012/13 season on at the Vienna State Ballet. In 2012, Natascha Mair was awarded the Jury Prize at the International Ballet School Competition in Beijing and received the first prize in the Premio Roma Danza. In 2014 she was promoted to demi-soloist and in 2016 to soloist.
In December 2018, Vienna State Ballet Director Manuel Legris promoted Mair to first soloist following a performance of Rudolf Nureyev's The Nutcracker at the Vienna State Opera House.
In 2020 Natascha Mair left the Vienna State Ballet and was appointed principal dancer at the English National Ballet.
She also appears as a guest principal in many lead roles and galas in europe and overseas.
Several television appearances including in the broadcasts of the New Year's Concert of the Vienna Philharmonic, the opening of the Vienna Opera Ball and “Just ballet” documentary.
© Simon Kupferschmied
- Clara in Nutcracker delights, Coliseum, Online
- Reunion Senseless Kindness from Yuri Possokhov, Sadler's Wells
- Solstice Swan Lake and Le Corsaire, Royal Festival Hall
Guest Performances – full lengths
- Odette/Odile in Marius Petipa’s Swan Lake, State Kremlin Palace, Moscow, Russia
- Odette/Odile in Marius Petipa’s Swan Lake, Aspendos Opera Bale Ballet, Turkey
- Gulnare in Manuel Legris' Le Corsaire, Madrid, Spain
- Gulnare in Manuel Legris' Le Corsaire, Tokyo, Japan
- Princess Aurora in Marius Petipa’s Sleeping Beauty , Opera Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Swanilda in Pierre Lacotte’s Coppélia, Dance Open Festival, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Marguerite Gautier in Tomaž Rode’s Lady of the Camellias, Festival Portorož, Slovenia
- Gulnare in José Carlos Martinez's le Corsaire, Opera Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Clara in Rudolf Nureyev’s Nutcracker
- Lise in Frederick Ashton’s La Fille mal gardée
- Swanilda in Pierre Lacotte’s Coppélia
- Gulnare in Manuel Legris' Le Corsaire
- Olga in John Cranko’s Onegin
- Henriette in Nureyev’s Raymonda
- Crown Princess Stephanie in Kenneth MacMillan’s Mayerling
- Najade in Manuel Legris' Sylvia
- Hermia in Jorma Elo’s A Midsummernight's Dream
- Marie Antoinette in Patrick de Bana’s Marie Antoinette
- Juliette in Davide Bombana’s Roméo et Juliette
- Solveig in Edward Clug's Peer Gynt
- George Balanchine: Jewels, Symphonie in C, Valse fantaisie, Allegro brillante
- David Dawson: A Million Kisses to my skin
- William Forsythe: Artifact suite, The second detail
- Harald Lander: Études
- Kenneth Mac Millan: Concerto 1st movements
- Wayne McGregor: Eden Eden
- John Neumeier: Vaslaw, Verklungene Feste, Le Pavillon d‘Armide, Bach suite
- Jerome Robbins: Four Seasons
19.06.2021 – Solstice, English National Ballet, RFH review – a midsummer treat
17.06.2021 – English National Ballet: Solstice review – smitten swans, chiseled abs and thumping techno
18.01.2021 – ‘A delight to watch from start to finish’: NUTCRACKER DELIGHTS – English National Ballet (Online review)
06.01.2021 -Nureyev’s The Nutcracker from Vienna State Ballet looks back to the past and also to the future
28.12.2020 – English National Ballet’s Nutcracker Delights is a true Christmas cracker
18.11.2020 – English National Ballet | Nutcracker Delights Casting
09.11.2020 – NEWS: Natascha Mair – Just for the record!
04.03.2020 – Lukács / Lidberg / Duato (Première): (Vienna State Ballet)
13.01.2020 – Natascha Mair talking „about Swan Lake and Odette & Odile“
07.10.2019 Dance by Lina – Interview
29.01.2019 – Coppélia (Première)
31.12.2018 -The Nutcracker
16.06.2016 – Marie Antoinette – revisited
21.02.2013 – New Works, Dancers Promise Bright Future for Vienna Ballet
…… But it was rookie Natascha Mair, aged 18 and who joined the corps de ballet just six months ago, who had everyone talking after her cool performance in Dawson's "A Million Kisses to my Skin," replacing Polakova and holding her own alongside many of the company's greatest names ...